Friday, November 5, 2010

Round 2

I had my second chemo yesterday and though it took a long time (8 hours at the hosp) it all went fine. The nurse that I had this time decided to run everything more slowly than the last time. The visit that I had with my doc beforehand went well; he was pleased with everything except for one thing. This is unrelated to the breast cancer in any way, but he found a non malignant tumor on my pituitary gland on my brain mri that will have to be looked at further. If it grows it can eventually affect your peripheral vision. Paul sees this occasionally at his practice and people go to have them removed and all is well. Sometimes they just watch them and do nothing. So, I had some blood tests yesterday to find out what's going on with it. Whichever it is, nothing will happen with it until the chemo, surg, radiation is all done with, and Paul can monitor it at the office with visual field tests. Somewhere along the way there will be a visit with a neurosurgeon. Just one more unexpected bend in the road. I had a very nice visit with a good friend, Marie Silverstein, at the hosp yesterday. She is as good as any nurse holding my hand, taking care of me, giving me a facial, giving me some awesome Arbonne products and advice on detoxing after the chemo is all done with. Thanks Marie, I loved your visit!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping that I finally have this figured out:).I've been having trouble trying to leave you messages.I hope that all is going well.We think of you often and you are always in our prayers.Thanks so much for your support.It means more than you will ever know.Take care and consider yourself hugged-Kathy and Kayla Gillette

    ReplyDelete