Friday, February 4, 2011

Chemo Completed.

Its been quite awhile since I have updated this blog. I guess I was just trying to get through all the chemos that were scheuled. I ended up have the last two chemos at the infusion center in the SLV Regional Medical Center, and that worked very well for all concerned. Last friday I completed my 6th and last chemo treatment, YAY! Now to get thru the annoying little side effects that go along with all of that. This coming week on the 9-10th of Feb I will be visiting with the oncologist, radiologist, and surgeon. I also have to get a breast MRI to check the progress there. Most of the women I have talked to (and my oncologist) have advised me to go the double mastectomy route...easier to dress, you will be more symetrical, easier to make the reconstruction the same size. Truthfully I still have trouble with the idea of cutting something off that is normal. Now, just because my big chemos are done, it doesn't mean that things are quite finished in that respect. Every three weeks for 52 weeks I will go and have a Herception chemo tx at the infusion center. It is a very little thing and should take only about a half hour to get done. There should not be any side effects involved. So...once I visit with the surgeon I should have a good idea of the surgery date...I think they give you about a month to 6 weeks to get beyond the chemo and then do it. It will be done up in Denver at either the Littleton Hospital or the SkyRidge Hosp, where my surgeon operates out of either place. I am thinking the surgery maybe getting done sometime the first week of March. To me it seems like this whole process is taking forever!! I will be so glad to get going on the next part of it. Thanks to all who have come along beside me on this journey in so many tangible ways...prayers, emails,  food, company, cards, encouragements, cleaning my house for me, taking care of my animals when I have to be gone, helping me pick out a wig, taking me for rides, getting me out of the house. You all can't know how much this has all meant to me. From the bottom of my heart and Paul's...Thankyou!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment